The Australian National Choral Association (ANCA), an Incorporated Association, was established in 1990 from the merger of two associations, the Australian Choral Association (ACA) and the Australian Choral Conductors Association (ACCA). The formation of ANCA took place at the ACCA National Conference in July 1989 and was seen as a bench mark for development in quality and quantity of choral directors, choirs and choral literature.
Over 65 different people filling 150+ positions over a period of over 20 years of ANCA’s existence provides some very strong and broad shoulders for the current national council to stand on. The objectives of the association over the years have remained the same; to stimulate interest and participation in choral music and related activities, linking choral musicians throughout the country and nurturing growth of all choral activities.
The new national council looks forward to continuing the good work of previous councils by supporting, developing and creating choral music throughout Australia.
Click Here to meet your elected national council.
What Can ANCA Do For Me?
- ANCA offers professional workshops on choral conducting
- ANCA provides workshops for Choristers
- ANCA has chapters in all states, and you can liaise with others for the advancement of choral music
- ANCA organises International Conductors to come to Australia offering the opportunity to have a workshop with your choir
- ANCA provides workshops and sessions in all different aspects of Choir training.
- As a member you receive the magazine Sing Out, a magazine dedicated to Choral work.
- As a member you receive the online "ChoralENews" newsletter
- As a member you will receive the State newsletter in your home state
- ANCA offers the best value for money Public Liability cover for choirs
- Through ANCA, choirs can be covered for Public Liability when and where they perform up to $20.000.000 limit liability
- Through ANCA, individuals and choirs can be covered with Volunteer Accident Insurance
- ANCA offers, free of charges, extensive coverage for members on our Web Site. www.anca.org.au ANCA have access to a wide spectrum of choral works
- Individual members and nominated person/s from a choir/school membership may attend ANCA functions at a reduced rate
Should you need any other information, please do not hesitate to contact us
To read about ANCA's Achievements click Here.